FW: [OSDPcon] OSDP Estimates and Next Steps

Lisa Caywood

=)

From: OSDPcon <osdpcon-bounces@...> On Behalf Of Trishan de Lanerolle
Sent: Monday, February 3, 2020 10:55 AM
To: osdpcon@...
Subject: [OSDPcon] OSDP Estimates and Next Steps

Hi,

We are looking at venue options in Bordeaux, France for a combined Open Source Data Plane event in the fall, and while we wait for solid quotes and availability, we have estimates based on similar events in EU, that the event cost could be around $170K (erring on the higher end).  Assuming no corporate sponsorships and small registration fees (~$200), we anticipate a cost per project of approximately $35-40K for 2-3 days.

Cost breaks down as approx. 70K (DPDK@100 attendees), 35K each @appox. 50 attendees) We will need at least 4 projects (inc. DPDK) to make the cost point viable.

We would like to get confirmation that an approximate $40K expense for a 2 day event in Bordeaux, France, is workable and you are both a) willing to commit to the cost and b) dedicate a member of your team to help with the coordination and planning  of the event and independent project tracks.

Who is in and who is out? Let us know by Monday Feb 10th.

Regards,
Trishan

--

Trishan R. de Lanerolle

Technical Program Manager & Community Architect

Networking, Linux Foundation

voice: +1.203.699.6401

skype: tdelanerolle

email: tdelanerolle@...

Juniper Business Use Only

Jill Lovato

Hi All,

Getting this to the top of inboxes.

DPDK community needs to lock down its event strategy for 2020, which includes plans for a combined OSDP event in Bordeaux, France in September.

Is TF still interested in participating in such an event? The project cost would be about $40k.

We will need a Go/No Go by this Monday, Feb. 10.

Thanks in advance,
Jill

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 11:21 AM Lisa Caywood via Lists.Tungsten.Io <lcaywood=juniper.net@...> wrote:

=)

[...]