From: "docs@..." <docs@...> on behalf of "pono (Daniel Takamori)" <dtakamori@...>
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 9:03 AM
To: "docs@..." <docs@...>
Subject: Re: [TF docs] JIRA 'docs' label

Good idea!  I've added a 'Documentation' Component which can be set by users, but not misspelled :P

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 1:56 PM Kieran Milne <kmilne@...> wrote:

I would generally agree that a touch more enforced structure (Components, etc.) would serve us well over the long term and keep sanity in check, etc.

Cheers, Kieran

Juniper Internal

From: "pono (Daniel Takamori)" <dtakamori@...>
Date: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 9:21 AM
To: "docs@..." <docs@...>
Cc: Vicky Brasseur <vmb@...>
Subject: JIRA 'docs' label

JIRA supports arbitrary labels for issues.  I just double checked that you can add a 'docs' or 'documentation' label to an issue and then that will be searchable to list all docs related issues.

If this is a sufficient solution we can leave it as is, but in the future you find you want more control/ workflows options for documentation related bugs we can reevaluate.

Cheers,

-Pono

Re: JIRA 'docs' label

Daniel Pono Takamori

From: "pono (Daniel Takamori)" <dtakamori@...>
Date: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 9:21 AM
To: "docs@..." <docs@...>
Cc: Vicky Brasseur <vmb@...>

JIRA supports arbitrary labels for issues.  I just double checked that you can add a 'docs' or 'documentation' label to an issue and then that will be searchable to list all docs related issues.

If this is a sufficient solution we can leave it as is, but in the future you find you want more control/ workflows options for documentation related bugs we can reevaluate.

Cheers,

-Pono

Re: NO CALL NEXT WEEK (May 1st)

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

Awesome, thanks!

From: "docs@..." <docs@...> on behalf of Casey Cain <ccain@...>
Date: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 9:27 AM
To: Vicky Brasseur <vmb@...>
Cc: "docs@..." <docs@...>
Subject: Re: [TF docs] NO CALL NEXT WEEK (May 1st)

Done.

Best,

Casey

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 9:09 AM Vicky Brasseur <vmb@...> wrote:

Because most of the team is either in meetings or on PTO next week, we won't be having a docs call.

Casey, could you please remove it from the Community calendar for next week?

Thanks, all!

--V

--

Casey Cain

Technical Program Manager

Linux Foundation

_________________

IRC - CaseyLF

WeChat - okaru6

Re: NO CALL NEXT WEEK (May 1st)

Casey Cain

Done.

Best,
Casey

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 9:09 AM Vicky Brasseur <vmb@...> wrote:

Because most of the team is either in meetings or on PTO next week, we won't be having a docs call.

Casey, could you please remove it from the Community calendar for next week?

Thanks, all!

--V

--
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

JIRA 'docs' label

Daniel Pono Takamori

JIRA supports arbitrary labels for issues.  I just double checked that you can add a 'docs' or 'documentation' label to an issue and then that will be searchable to list all docs related issues.
If this is a sufficient solution we can leave it as is, but in the future you find you want more control/ workflows options for documentation related bugs we can reevaluate.

Cheers,
-Pono

NO CALL NEXT WEEK (May 1st)

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

Because most of the team is either in meetings or on PTO next week, we won't be having a docs call.

Casey, could you please remove it from the Community calendar for next week?

Thanks, all!

--V

Please add agenda items for today's meeting

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

Here's the wiki page: https://wiki.tungsten.io/display/TUN/2019-04-24+Docs+Project+Meeting

After initial action item updates/announcements, we'll be leading off with pono, who's joining us to share information about Jira and issue tracking.

--V

Re: pono, could you please join next week's TF Docs call?

Daniel Pono Takamori

Yes, I can make the call, see you then.

Cheers,
-Pono

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 4:02 PM Vicky Brasseur <vmb@...> wrote:

Hey there, pono. Could you please let us know whether you'll be able to join the TF docs meeting next week?

--V

From: "docs@..." <docs@...> on behalf of "VM (Vicky) Brasseur via Lists.Tungsten.Io" <vmb=juniper.net@...>
Date: Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 4:19 PM
To: "pono (Daniel Takamori)" <dtakamori@...>, "docs@..." <docs@...>
Subject: [TF docs] pono, could you please join next week's TF Docs call?

We want to talk about issue tracking. More info in the notes from yesterday's meeting:

https://wiki.tungsten.io/display/TUN/2019-04-10+Docs+WG+Meeting+notes

The Docs call is at 8:30AM Pacific Tim on Wednesday. Would you be able to join us?

From: "docs@..." <docs@...> on behalf of "VM (Vicky) Brasseur via Lists.Tungsten.Io" <vmb=juniper.net@...>
Date: Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 4:19 PM
To: "pono (Daniel Takamori)" <dtakamori@...>, "docs@..." <docs@...>

We want to talk about issue tracking. More info in the notes from yesterday's meeting:

https://wiki.tungsten.io/display/TUN/2019-04-10+Docs+WG+Meeting+notes

The Docs call is at 8:30AM Pacific Tim on Wednesday. Would you be able to join us?

--V

Updated Docs meeting wiki page

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

Here's the page: https://wiki.tungsten.io/display/TUN/Documentation+Project

Summary of changes…

  • Today I confirmed that Docs is a core project on TF so I changed the page name accordingly. Also: woo! Core project!
  • Added meeting schedule and connection info
  • Added the backlogged action items (stuff we can't get to yet for various reasons)

Enjoy.

--V

pono, could you please join next week's TF Docs call?

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

We want to talk about issue tracking. More info in the notes from yesterday's meeting:

https://wiki.tungsten.io/display/TUN/2019-04-10+Docs+WG+Meeting+notes

The Docs call is at 8:30AM Pacific Tim on Wednesday. Would you be able to join us?

--V

Issue tracking for docs

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

We keep coming up with ideas for things to fix, but we're not yet doing a good job of tracking them.

While there are currently some issues in the tf/docs GitHub repo (because I didn't have anywhere else to put them; they'll be moved eventually), we don't seem to have any proper issue tracking for docs.

The rest of the project is using Jira. We should follow suit: https://jira.tungsten.io/projects/TFB/issues/

I've Cc'd pono for his advice on how to do this. Should we just add a 'documentation' label to the TFB bug tracking Jiras? Or have a subproject for docs? Or…?

--V

Re: 2019-04-03 Docs WG Meeting notes

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

Huge thanks for doing this, Kieran! The roundup of the current docs is particularly helpful. There are a few docs still on opencontrail.org which we'll need to get somehow represented in the TF world. I added a quick mention of that in the meeting notes.

As far as the Moving forward options, I'm strongly against the third one. While it would get us docs most quickly it also would be a big step backward in the TF-Juniper separation. The TF site already has a bunch of Juniper links, yeah, but those are slated for cleanup (at some point once alternatives exist, though I suppose they could simply be removed in the meantime?).

--V

From: "docs@..." <docs@...> on behalf of "kmilne via Lists.Tungsten.Io" <kmilne=juniper.net@...>
Date: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at 8:45 AM
To: "docs@..." <docs@...>
Subject: [TF docs] 2019-04-03 Docs WG Meeting notes

Hi folks,

Ended up just me on today's call. :)  I wrote up some minutes here, which are simply notes.. feel free to review and discuss here and/or we can pick up next week.

Cheers, Kieran

Docs guidance from other LFN projects

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

While at ONS last week I had the chance to meet with Sofia Wallin. She's worked with several of the other LFN projects to get their docs in shape and published.

She pointed me at some documentation that she and Thanh (now former Release Engineer for LF) put together to help other projects get started with publishing their documentation:

https://docs.releng.linuxfoundation.org/en/latest/project-documentation.html

She says that she's very happy to advise us and answer questions but seeing as how she's already working with several other projects she won't have the cycles to do more than that for us. Still, this will be a huge help!

--V

Re: TF vs Contrail feature set

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

I don't believe there's a public list of that sort, no.

--V

From: "docs@..." <docs@...> on behalf of "kmilne via Lists.Tungsten.Io" <kmilne=juniper.net@...>
Date: Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 2:53 PM
To: "docs@..." <docs@...>
Subject: [TF docs] TF vs Contrail feature set

Hi, does anyone know if there is a feature list for TF, and/or a comparison list of what is supported in TF vs Contrail?

Thanks, Kieran

2019-04-03 Docs WG Meeting notes

Kieran Milne

Hi folks,

Ended up just me on today's call. :)  I wrote up some minutes here, which are simply notes.. feel free to review and discuss here and/or we can pick up next week.

Cheers, Kieran

Re: Triple booked for tomorrow's docs call

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

Change of plans: I won't be at the docs call at all today. I need that time to finish prepping for the planning meeting.

Sorry! I look forward to reading the meeting minutes. 😊

--V

From: "docs@..." <docs@...> on behalf of "VM (Vicky) Brasseur via Lists.Tungsten.Io" <vmb=juniper.net@...>
Date: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 8:41 AM
To: "docs@..." <docs@...>
Subject: [TF docs] Triple booked for tomorrow's docs call

There's the chance that I might be able to make it to the first 20 minutes of the call, but then I have CTO quarterly planning meetings all day (and Open Networking Summit).

--V