Topics

Service Desk Migration

Casey Cain

The Linux Foundation IT is migrating from email-based support system using Request Tracker to a web-based platform provided by Jira Service Desk. We are doing this in order to improve our level of service and your support experience.

The following are the primary improvements you should expect after migration is complete:

  1. Single Sign-On with other Linux Foundation sites, using the same LF ID credentials
  2. Integration with knowledge base articles to help identify possible self-service solutions
  3. Ability to track all your support requests across various projects via the same service desk interface
  4. Ability to see public issues created by other members of your project

The new service desk will become available to you starting Monday, June 17, 2019.

Any support requests that are already open in RT will be preserved and completed there, so there is no need to re-submit them again using the Jira Service Desk. Any new tickets created in RT will be automatically closed with a suggestion and instructions to use the new service desk procedure.

Starting Monday, June 17, please use the procedure described in the attached “Getting LF IT Help” document.

--[/cut]--

In addition to this we will be updating our Release Engineering helpdesk page [0] to direct people to the new service desk along with choice parts of the "Getting LF IT Help" document

I would like to point out that while we're making this change I fully expect a little bit of teething issues as we rework how we do support requests, please have a little bit of patience here!

[0] https://docs.releng.linuxfoundation.org/en/latest/helpdesk.html

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

Randy Bias

I don’t understand why email and web access to the new service desk would be mutually exclusive.  Can’t you add an email interface to the new service desk?

--Randy

Vice President, Technology - OSS

Juniper Networks

+1 (415) 939-8507