From: dev@... on behalf of Will Stevens <wstevens@...>
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 4:53 PM
To: dev@...
Cc: discuss@...
Subject: Re: [TF Dev] [discuss] So what does Gerrit actually get us, anyway?

The motivation is to understand if there is a real reason we MUST use Gerrit, or if it was chosen simply because "that is the way it has been done in the past". Gerrit is not known for being user friendly or intuitive for contributors, so what are the roots that hold Gerrit in place as our standard?  Are there alternatives which would better suit the communities needs going forward?

There may be many very good reasons for using Gerrit, but if there are not, it seems prudent to understand that now before we adopt it en masse.

That is my understanding of the motivation behind this question...

Cheers,

Will

Join dev@lists.tungsten.io to automatically receive all group messages.