We've had a lot of requests and questions regarding Gerrit
account issues, Contributor Agreements and creating branches.
Hopefully this information will help everyone to resolve their
Gerrit login issues
- If you are unable to log into Gerrit, please open a ticket at
- To resolve your issue quickly, please provide your LFID
username and email address
- If you are trying to push a patch and get an error "No
Contributor Agreement on file for user..."
- Log into Gerrit, click Settings
- Click Agreements
- Click New Contributor Agreement
- If you work for an Organization select CCLA and sign the
agreement for your organization. If not select ICLA and sign
the Individual Contributor Agreement
- Only repository committers can create branches
- If you aren't a committer, please reach out to an existing
committer. The committers can be found in the INFO.yaml file
of each repository.
- The committer promotion process can be found in the Project
- Please see section 126.96.36.199 Adding Committers
- 188.8.131.52 Adding Committers
Initial Committers for a project will be specified at
Committer rights for a project are earned via contribution
and community trust. Committers for a project select and
vote for new Committers for that project, subject to TSC
New Committers for a project should have a demonstrable
established history of meritocratic contributions.
Hopefully this helps clear up confusion and helps the community
issues resolved quickly.