Date

All doc bugs now being tracked in jira.tungsten.io

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

The Docs team is the first to start migrating its workflow to the new tungsten.io Jira and Gerrit.

The Gerrit setup is in progress, but the Jira is now up and running well. We haven't (ironically enough) documented the process yet, but the Jira is available for your documentation bug reporting needs.

If there's anything you find lacking in the TF docs, or if there's something that you'd like to see changed, please open a ticket!

https://jira.tungsten.io

(a Linux Foundation ID is required to add tickets to the Jira)

We look forward to seeing all of your bugs!

--V

Re: Error service chaining on Tungsten Fabric version 5.0.3

Đạt Lê

Ok, thanks @James Kelly

Re: Error service chaining on Tungsten Fabric version 5.0.3

James Kelly

This is the wrong email alias for this type of question. Please ask the dev alias or find plenty more people in #dev or #users on Slack.

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019, 11:26 AM <datle.it@...> wrote:
I am zombie in using Tungsten Fabric.
I had deployed Tungsten Fabric integrate with Openstack by Kolla-Ansible. After finishing deployment, I has created network successfully by Contrail.
I followed document of Juniper for creating service chain (Link https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/contrail5.0/topics/example/example-create-innetwork-service-chain.html)
However, at last step, I can not ping to IP of right network from VM of left network.
I am also confused that when create service instance from Contrail, instance of service chain will be created automatically on Openstack ? (Because I did not see it on Openstack GUI)
Please help me, thanks.

Error service chaining on Tungsten Fabric version 5.0.3

Đạt Lê

I am zombie in using Tungsten Fabric.
I had deployed Tungsten Fabric integrate with Openstack by Kolla-Ansible. After finishing deployment, I has created network successfully by Contrail.
I followed document of Juniper for creating service chain (Link https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/contrail5.0/topics/example/example-create-innetwork-service-chain.html)
However, at last step, I can not ping to IP of right network from VM of left network.
I am also confused that when create service instance from Contrail, instance of service chain will be created automatically on Openstack ? (Because I did not see it on Openstack GUI)
Please help me, thanks.

Re: Tungsten Fabric and Akraino Integration

Jill Lovato

This is great! We'll get this up on LFN and LF Edge (Akraino) social media.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 12:05 PM Robert Cathey <robert@...> wrote:
Cool!

--
Jill Lovato
Senior PR Manager

Re: Tungsten Fabric and Akraino Integration

Robert Cathey <robert@...>

Cool!

Tungsten Fabric and Akraino Integration

Sukhdev Kapur

Re: Integration with Cloudstack

Syed Ahmed

Hi Sergei,

As far as I know, I don't think the integration with OpenContrail works. If we want to integrate Tungsten Fabric, we would have to write/re-write the plugin again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
-Syed

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 9:07 AM Sergei Hanus <shanus@...> wrote:
 Good day.

According to http://www.opencontrail.org/opencontrail-integrates-with-apache-cloudstack-citrix-cloudplatform/,  there were attempts to integrate OpenContrail with Cloudstack.

Could anybody, please, comment - whether it is still possible now to integrate Tungsten Fabric with Apache Cloudstack and KVM/ESX hypervisor?

Thank you in advance,

Sergei.

Integration with Cloudstack

Sergei Hanus

 Good day.

According to http://www.opencontrail.org/opencontrail-integrates-with-apache-cloudstack-citrix-cloudplatform/,  there were attempts to integrate OpenContrail with Cloudstack.

Could anybody, please, comment - whether it is still possible now to integrate Tungsten Fabric with Apache Cloudstack and KVM/ESX hypervisor?

Thank you in advance,

Sergei.

vRouter as a CPE

thakur_g@...

Hi,
can I install vRouter on a Bare Metal switch to use it as a L2/L3 router/switch?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Gajendra

FINAL REMINDER: CFP for ONS North America Closes EOD Monday!

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities:

This is your final chance to submit a proposal for Open Networking Summit North America (San Jose, April 3-5, 2019)! Please share with your networks and encourage them to submit before the deadline.

The CFP Closes: Monday, January 21, 2019 at 11:59pm PST

Open Networking Summit is the industry’s premier open networking event, enabling collaborative development and innovation across enterprises, service providers and cloud providers and discussing the future of Open Source Networking, including SDN, NFV, VNF, CNF/Cloud Native Networking, Orchestration, Automation of Cloud, Core Network, Edge, Access & IoT services.

Click here to learn more and submit via the ONS website

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

Re: TF r5.0.1 release notes and getting started guide

Edward Ting

Hi Darien,

As far as I know, there is no such solution to upgrade from R3.x to R5.x.

R5.x is so different from R3.x, both deployment and runtime binaries. Also R5.x requires docker engine on all nodes whereas R3.x nodes don't have that, not to mention all services in R3.x are transformed to micro-services.

ISSU upgrade from R5.x to another R5.x is more doable, especially under HA mode.

cheers,
Edward

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 2:28 PM Darien Hirotsu <darien@...> wrote:
Hi Edward-

Thank you for this! This documentation is helpful.

One question, is there an "upgrade" guide available to illustrate how to upgrade from 3.2 to 5.0.x? A quick search points to some Juniper documentation for an ISSU upgrade process from previous versions of TF to 5.0.x, so I'm wondering if there is a TF equivalent.
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/contrail5.0/topics/concept/ISSU-ansible-deployer.html

If not, I would interested in working with the appropriate stakeholders to support such an effort to produce this documentation for the community. Per the message below, it looks like there is some work to be done to iron out 5.0.1 deployment details.
https://lists.tungsten.io/g/dev/message/1

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to your response/guidance.

Darien

--

Best Regards,

Edward Ting

** Proficiency, Execution, Quality, and Perfection **

Standalone Vrouter

Matthew.Davis.2@...

Hi,

I'm trying to play around with the vrouter. I want to test it on it's own.

I found a guide inside the Google Drive (tech/vrouter/Isolated vRouter 4_0 Setup and Testing.docx)
That looks like what I want to do. Although that guide is almost a year out of date.

I tried that guide. When I get to the `vif` commands, it fails with:

> Error registering NetLink client: No such file or directory (2)

I'm stuck. What does this error mean? I've looked through the source code which spits out that message, and I can't understand it.

That guide uses version R4.1. I also tried R5.0, but that won't compile, because of a missing file.

I tried compiling the contrail-vrouter repo. That results in a compilation error to do with a bad SConstruct file. (I'm not familiar with scons, so couldn't debug it.)

I tried building a docker container with vrouter with the contrail-container-builder repo. I ran into build issues there too.

Regards,
Matthew Davis

Re: TF r5.0.1 release notes and getting started guide

Darien Hirotsu

Hi Edward-

Thank you for this! This documentation is helpful.

One question, is there an "upgrade" guide available to illustrate how to upgrade from 3.2 to 5.0.x? A quick search points to some Juniper documentation for an ISSU upgrade process from previous versions of TF to 5.0.x, so I'm wondering if there is a TF equivalent.
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/contrail5.0/topics/concept/ISSU-ansible-deployer.html

If not, I would interested in working with the appropriate stakeholders to support such an effort to produce this documentation for the community. Per the message below, it looks like there is some work to be done to iron out 5.0.1 deployment details.
https://lists.tungsten.io/g/dev/message/1

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to your response/guidance.

Darien

Propose Tungsten Fabric talks to the SDN room at FOSDEM

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

Ray Kinsella, the chair of the SDN dev room at FOSDEM, has written asking for Tungsten Fabric and other SDN-related talk proposals.

The CFP closes on November 25th, and the schedule will be announced on or around December 17th.

Happening in Brussels in February, FOSDEM is the largest free and open source software gathering in the world, so this would be an excellent opportunity to reach a lot of new people who are knowledgable about and/or interested in SDN.

Complete information about the dev room and its CFP, including a link to its mailing list, are here:

http://mdr78.github.io/fosdem/2018/10/15/fosdem-2019-cfp.html

If you need any help with your proposal or would like anyone to review or edit it, please join and drop a message to the Conferences list. The community will be happy to lend a hand.

--V

Deadline today for KubeCon NA CFP : Tungsten Fabric Developers Summit

Jennifer Fowler

Don’t miss the opportunity to share your TF Story at KubeCon North America. *Submit your proposal today!*  Users and developers are invited to participate in the Tungsten Fabric Developers Summit on December 10.  Today is the deadline for CFPs  https://tungstenfabric.io/kubeconcfp/

Re: Edward TF talks in GNTC and KubeCon date/time

Paul Carver

The issue is probably with the list moderation. Each of the mailing lists is separately moderated. The moderation policy is supposed to be that only the first post to the list needs to be approved, but it’s separate for each list, so even if you’ve posted to several lists in the past, if you subscribe to a new list you still need a moderator to approve your post to that list.

Also, it’s not clear who the moderators are for each list.

Also, I’ve received emails that seem to be addressed to me as a moderator because they include text that tells me to click a link to approve the message but when I click the link it tells me I don’t have access.

Casey Cain was looking into this issue in relation to the TSC mailing list but it appears that it’s affecting the Conferences mailing list as well.

--

Paul Carver

VoIP: 732-545-7377

Cell: 908-803-1656

E: pcarver@...

Q Instant Message

If you look closely enough at the present you can find loose bits of the future just lying around. –PDCL

If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. -- Jim Barksdale