Date

TF talks and demos for Open Networking Summit EU!

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

Congratulations to Sukhdev, Rolf, Magdalena, and Jaroslaw for having their talks selected for OSN EU!

https://onseu19.sched.com/event/SYvA/aggregating-mobile-operator-edge-compute-infrastructure-with-end-to-end-network-slicing-sukhdev-kapur-juniper-networks-rolf-muralt-mobiledgex

https://onseu19.sched.com/event/SYtf/seamless-transition-to-cnfs-with-tungsten-fabric-magdalena-zaremba-jaroslaw-lukow-codilime

Also, LF Networking is still looking for demo proposals for their booth at ONS EU. Are you doing something interesting with TF, especially something that shows how it works with other LF Networking projects? Send your demo proposal ASAP! The deadline is July 31st. More information here: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/blog/2019/03/community-demos-at-ons-to-highlight-lfn-project-harmonization-and-more/

--V

Re: Submit your TF talk proposals to KubeCon North America!

Brandon Wick

The deadline was July 12th.

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 9:23 AM Sukhdev Kapur via Lists.Tungsten.Io <sukhdev=juniper.net@...> wrote:
I thought the deadline was July 12th.
We have submitted one talk on TF.

Sukhdev

From: <announce@...> on behalf of "VM (Vicky) Brasseur via Lists.Tungsten.Io" <vmb=juniper.net@...>
Date: Monday, June 17, 2019 at 5:29 PM
To: "announce@..." <announce@...>

Hello, all!

Don't forget that the KubeCon NA CFP closes on July 12th.

We would love to see a lot of TF-related content proposed to the conference this year. If you're on the fence about whether to propose, either email the Marketing team or drop by the #events channel on Slack and folks will be happy to lend a hand.

Here's that CFP link again:

https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kubecon-cloudnativecon-north-america-2019/cfp/

--V

Re: Submit your TF talk proposals to KubeCon North America!

Sukhdev Kapur

From: <announce@...> on behalf of "VM (Vicky) Brasseur via Lists.Tungsten.Io" <vmb=juniper.net@...>
Date: Monday, June 17, 2019 at 5:29 PM
To: "announce@..." <announce@...>

Hello, all!

Don't forget that the KubeCon NA CFP closes on July 12th.

We would love to see a lot of TF-related content proposed to the conference this year. If you're on the fence about whether to propose, either email the Marketing team or drop by the #events channel on Slack and folks will be happy to lend a hand.

Here's that CFP link again:

https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kubecon-cloudnativecon-north-america-2019/cfp/

--V

Re: Submit your TF talk proposals to KubeCon North America!

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

This CFP closes THIS FRIDAY.

If you're going to submit TF-related talks into the conference (and we hope that you do), you're running out of time to do it.

Act now before the last minute!

Also, if you'd like another set of eyes on your proposal before you submit it, drop by #events on Slack or email marketing@... and the community's resident wordsmiths will lend a hand.

That link again: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kubecon-cloudnativecon-north-america-2019/cfp/

--V

From: <announce@...> on behalf of "VM (Vicky) Brasseur via Lists.Tungsten.Io" <vmb=juniper.net@...>
Date: Monday, June 17, 2019 at 5:29 PM
To: "announce@..." <announce@...>

[...]

Changes to Linux Foundation Helpdesk

Daniel Pono Takamori

Hey all!
The Linux Foundation is moving away from RT [0] and moving to Jira Service Desk [1]!  To file tickets related to LF infrastructure/ services: Jira, Confluence, Slack, gerrit.tungsten.io eventually :), please go to the link below and use our service desk features that provide some self service, documentation and more direct ways to file tickets.
We hope this will provide faster response and closure times for tickets since our teams will be sharing duties seeing all incoming tickets. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

Cheers,
-Pono, Release Engineer @ Linux Foundation

[0] - Existing tickets in RT will be closed out there and communication will continue as it had.

The 5.1 Release Announcement

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

People who subscribe to this list already know that 5.1 is available, but now the entire world does as well:

https://tungsten.io/introducing-tungsten-fabric-5-1/

We encourage you to share that announcement far and wide. If you're on Twitter, you can also RT the project twitter account (and follow the account while you're there):

https://twitter.com/TungstenFabric/status/1138932094111850496

Thank you, everyone, for all of the work that went into this release!

--V

Re: Tungsten fabric Release r5.1

Đạt Lê

Hi,
Thanks @Paul Carver. I also hope docs about release changes will be public early.

Best regards,

Re: Tungsten fabric Release r5.1

Mark Gregory

Hi Prabhjot,

Thank you for the link to https://wiki.tungsten.io/display/TUN/Building+a+Release

May I ask the same question that Randy has asked on the page. Please add to the top of the install guide, information about the resources we should allocate for the CENTOS VM. What are the CPU / CORE, RAM, disk space requirements?

Are there any dependencies we need to install before following this guide?

Regards,
Mark A Gregory

BEng(Elec)(Hons), MEng, PhD, FIEAust, SMIEEE

Associate Professor in Network Engineering

Leader, Network Engineering Research Group | Follow us on Facebook!

Managing Editor Australian Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy

Managing Editor International Journal of Information, Communication Technology and Applications

General Chair 27th International Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference

W: RMIT University Staff Profile

E: mark.gregory@... | O:  +61-(0)3-99253243 | M:   +61-(0)4-18999089

School of Engineering, RMIT University
GPO Box 2476, Melbourne, Victoria, 3001, AUSTRALIA.

CRICOS Provider No. 00122A

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

From: <announce@...> on behalf of Prabhjot Singh Sethi <prabhjot.lists@...>
Date: Friday, June 7, 2019 at 1:33 PM
To: "announce@..." <announce@...>

--

Best Regards,

Edward Ting

** Proficiency, Execution, Quality, and Perfection **

Re: Tungsten fabric Release r5.1

Paul Carver

I'm not really an expert on how Docker Hub URLs are supposed to be, but the Tungsten Fabric images are available at https://hub.docker.com/u/tungstenfabric

Maybe they should be available also or instead at docker.io/tungstenfabric but they currently are not.

Re: Tungsten fabric Release r5.1

Mark Gregory

Hi,

I’ve been to this location and cannot find anything docker.io/tungstenfabric

What am I missing?

From: <announce@...> on behalf of Prabhjot Singh Sethi <prabhjot.lists@...>
Date: Friday, June 7, 2019 at 1:33 PM
To: "announce@..." <announce@...>

Hi everyone,
    we have tungsten fabric community release r5.1 ready and published the corresponding docker images at docker.io/tungstenfabric namespace with tag r5.1. Please feel free to try it out.
There are few updates regarding documentation that we been still worked out and will be available shortly.

For developers/enthusiasts  who wish to try building there own artifacts from source can refer to https://wiki.tungsten.io/display/TUN/Building+a+Release

Regards,

Prabhjot

Tungsten fabric Release r5.1

Prabhjot Singh Sethi

Hi everyone,
    we have tungsten fabric community release r5.1 ready and published the corresponding docker images at docker.io/tungstenfabric namespace with tag r5.1. Please feel free to try it out.
There are few updates regarding documentation that we been still worked out and will be available shortly.

For developers/enthusiasts  who wish to try building there own artifacts from source can refer to https://wiki.tungsten.io/display/TUN/Building+a+Release

Regards,
Prabhjot

Submit your TF talk proposals to KubeCon North America!

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

The KubeCon NA Call for Proposals (CFP) is open!

https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kubecon-cloudnativecon-north-america-2019/cfp/

Are you doing interesting things with TF and Kubernetes or any other cloud native technologies? Please propose a talk about it! The more people who learn about the cool things you can do with TF, the more people who show up to use and contribute to the project.

The CFP closes on July 12th, so you have more than a month to consider and craft your proposals, but don't delay! It's easy to put these things off until it's too late.

If you do propose a talk, please drop a line to marketing@... to tell the Marketing folks about it. They can help to promote your talk.

And if you want help with your proposal, either email the Marketing team or drop by the #events channel on Slack and folks will be happy to lend a hand.

--V

Re: Please propose TF talks to ONS EU!

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

Hello, all!

Please don't forget that this CFP closes on JUNE 16.

The marketing team looks forward to hearing what you've proposed so we can help promote it.

Also, if you've written marketing@ about your talk and haven't heard back yet, please hang tight. It's been a busy couple of weeks. 😊

--V

From: <announce@...> on behalf of "VM (Vicky) Brasseur via Lists.Tungsten.Io" <vmb=juniper.net@...>
Date: Monday, May 13, 2019 at 10:04 AM
To: "announce@..." <announce@...>
Subject: [announce] Please propose TF talks to ONS EU!

Open Networking Summit EU is happening September 23-25 in lovely Antwerp, Belgium.

Right now the important date to remember is that the Call for Proposals (CFP) closes on June 16.

Do you have a TF story to tell? A case study? A deep dive into some functionality? A review of all of the new features that are in v5.1? (it's not out yet, but will be before the CFP closes) An integration with another LFN project?

TF would love you to propose your talk to ONS EU. We have a lot of people in the community doing very interesting things and we'd like you to share those with the world.

If you'd like help with your proposal, or in coming up with a talk idea, please email marketing@... and the community wordsmiths will be happy to lend a hand.

Regardless of whether you'd like another set of eyes on your proposal, if you submit something then please drop a quick email to the Marketing team letting them know what you've submitted. The more proposals they know about, the more they can promote.

Good luck!

--V