Date

TUTORIAL: Using Gerrit for Code Review

DW Talton

Hello everyone,

As we move closer to utilizing Gerrit more over the next few months, I thought it made sense to share the Linux Foundation's guide to using Gerrit. It's a simple, yet comprehensive, guide on all the important functions that a developer needs to do when interacting with Gerrit on a regular basis. I hope you find it as informative as I do (I still regularly reference it!)

https://docs.releng.linuxfoundation.org/en/latest/gerrit.html

Also, you can find information on all the other technology that the foundation uses here

https://docs.releng.linuxfoundation.org/en/latest/

Thanks for reading,
DW
The Linux Foundation

FINAL REMINDER: Register for ONES (Sep 28-30)

Brandon Wick

LFN Technical Community:

Open Networking and Ege Summit (ONES) is the flagship event for LF Networking and LF Edge -- all members and community participants are strongly encouraged to attend. This year, ONES is taking place virtually Sep 28-30 and registration is only $50Linux Foundation, LFN, and LF Edge Members are eligible to receive a 20% discount. Please email events@... to request the member discount code or with any questions.

FYI, the LFN Virtual Technical Meetings are being held Oct 13-15There is no cost to attend but registration is required. View the event wiki here and register here

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

REMINDER: FD.io Webinar Tomorrow, 9:00 AM PT on High-Performance IPsec

Brandon Wick

Details: September 17, 2020 | FD.io’s VPP Smashes the Barrier to Wide Scale Adoption of Inexpensive High-Performance IPsec | Audian Paxson & Neal Hartsell, Netgate; John DiGiglio, Intel; Jerome Tollet, Cisco |

Description: The perimeter has disappeared. Apps are either born in the cloud, or moving there fast. And here in 2020, we now see massive work from home. Secure communications, specifically using IPsec, are more important than ever. But as connection counts and speeds rise, networking costs become budget busters. Major breakthroughs in software-based packet processing, specifically VPP, have shattered previously limited economics. This webinar sheds light on how VPP does what it does, the remarkable results it achieves, in both performance and price-performance.

[Note: This webinar registration uses the Linux Foundation’s Single Sign On (SSO). Learn more here.] If you have any issues registering, please let us know.

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

REMINDER: Register for ONES (Sep 28-30)

Brandon Wick

LFN Technical Community:

Open Networking and Ege Summit (ONES) is the flagship event for LF Networking and LF Edge -- all members and community participants are strongly encouraged to attend. This year, ONES is taking place virtually Sep 28-30 and registration is only $50Linux Foundation, LFN, and LF Edge Members are eligible to receive a 20% discount. Please email events@... to request the member discount code or with any questions.

Join thousands of your peers to shape the future of networking and edge computing. See which companies/job titles have already registered to attend and check out the full schedule

FYI, the LFN Virtual Technical Meetings are being held Oct 13-15There is no cost to attend but registration is required. View the event wiki here and register here

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

REMINDER: ONAP Consumption Models Webinar on Wednesday

Brandon Wick

Details: Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 7:00 AM PT | CSPs Explore ONAP Consumption Models | Lei Huang, China Mobile Research Institute; Javier Ger, Telecom Argentina

Description: The End User Advisory Group (EUAG) was created by LF Networking (LFN) to share views, challenges, and best practices between user organizations; highlighting new areas of opportunity for the developer community. As the voice of the end user, the EUAG supports the vision of ONAP and its adoption in the industry as well as contributes use cases and requirements to the project that deliver maximum value to the industry as a whole. The EUAG’s ONAP working group recently produced a survey and whitepaper, sharing views on the most important considerations, opportunities, and impediments towards a seamless end user adoption of ONAP. This webinar will cover the key considerations for consumption aspects of ONAP—what are the challenges, key concerns, models and references—as well as the opportunities for CSPs looking at projects like ONAP.

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

Register for ONES (Sep 28-30) & LFN Technical Meetings (Oct 13-15)

Brandon Wick

LFN Technical Community:

The Open Networking and Ege Summit (ONES) presented by LF Edge, LF Networking and The Linux Foundation, home to nearly two dozen industry-leading open source networking projects, is the place to learn the latest innovations in the open networking and edge ecosystem.

As the flagship event for LFN and LF Edge, all members and community participants are strongly encouraged to attend. This year, ONES is taking place virtually Sep 28 - 30 and registration is only $50. Register hereNote: Linux Foundation, LFN, and LF Edge Members are eligible to receive a 20% discount. Please email events@... to request the member discount code.

As we customarily do around ONES, the LFN technical community will be gathering for the LFN Virtual Technical Meetings October 13 - 15, 2020 to make progress on our releases, discuss architecture, and continue the forward momentum of open source networking. We will use a combination of online tools to create a productive and interactive virtual meeting environment. Registration is required and registrants can attend any of the LFN Technical Meeting sessions as desired. View the event wiki here and register here. There is no cost to attend.

Please email events@... with any questions and we hope to see you virtually in the fall!

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

3 Upcoming LFN Webinars

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities:

We've just confirmed a third LFN webinar for the August/September timeframe. Learn more and register for these webinars from the LFN community:
  • August 20, 2020, 8:00 AM PT | Evolution of the Cloud Infrastructure Reference Model and its Applications | Walter Kozlowski, Telstra & Tomas Fredberg, Ericsson | Learn More & Register
  • September 2, 2020, 7:00 AM PT | CSPs Explore ONAP Consumption Models | Lei Huang, China Mobile Research Institute; Javier Ger, Telecom Argentina  | Learn More & Register
  • September 17, 2020, 9:00 AM PT | FD.io’s VPP Smashes the Barrier to Wide Scale Adoption of Inexpensive High-Performance IPsec | Audian Paxson & Neal Hartsell, Netgate  | Learn More & Register [Note: This webinar registration uses the Linux Foundation’s Single Sign On (SSO). Learn more here.]
More webinars are added regularly to the LFN website here so check back often. Have an idea for an LFN Webinar? Read the LFN Webinar Guidelines  and fill out the Webinar Submission Form.

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

Please Take the CNTT Survey on K8s in Telecom

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities:

The Cloud iNFrastructure Telco Taskforce (CNTT) has recently launched some new initiatives, including a Kubernetes based workstream and Cloud Native OVP badging, to help bring focus on cloud native network functions (CNF) and Kubernetes based platforms. A working group within RA-2 has kicked off a short survey to collect data on Kubernetes adoption in telecom. LFN communities are encouraged to contribute to the knowledge pool by taking the survey by August 31. This will help inform the importance and the required timeline of the CNTT Workstream 2. Please direct feedback/questions to the CNTT project lead, Bill Mulligan (bill@...). Thank you!

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

Infra Maintenance Saturday 00:00 UTC - Jira, Confluence, Gerrit

Daniel Pono Takamori

We have SSO upgrades for Jira, Confluence and Gerrit being deployed Saturday at 00:00-02:00 UTC (16:00-18:00 PST). It should be a quick upgrade done well within the 2 hour window.

Thanks for your patience,
-Pono on behalf of LF Infra

REMINDER: Input Due July 24: Annual LFN Operations Survey

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities:

For the second year, LF Networking staff have pulled together an LFN Operations Survey, AKA "staff survey of the community." The goal is to solicit feedback from LFN community members to learn how you are engaging with projects, what you are experiencing, what the challenges are, and how the LFN staff can better support you. Your feedback is very important so please take a few minutes to share your thoughts with us. Responses are due by Friday, July 24th

[...]

REMINDER: Community Input Required: Annual LFN Operations Survey

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities:

For the second year, LF Networking staff have pulled together an LFN Operations Survey, AKA "staff survey of the community." The goal is to solicit feedback from LFN community members to learn how you are engaging with projects, what you are experiencing, what the challenges are, and how the LFN staff can better support you. Your feedback is very important so please take a few minutes to share your thoughts with us. Responses are due by Friday, July 24th

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

Upcoming LFN Webinars

Brandon Wick

LFN Community:

We've now confirmed 2 webinars in July from LFN Members Kubermatic and PANTHEON.tech:

July 7, 2020 | Why Edge Computing Requires Cloud Native Thinking | Bill Mulligan, Kubermatic | Learn More & Register

July 16, 2020 | Building CNFs with FD.io VPP and Network Service Mesh + VPP traceability in cloud-native deployments | Milan Lenčo & Pavel Kotúček, PANTHEON.tech | Learn More & Register

See all upcoming LFN webinars as well as past webinars available on demand here:

LFN members interested in hosting a webinar should read the guidelines and fill in the webinar submission form

I'm not sure the hyperlink was working properly in my last email. Here again is the link to the Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KGZNK5Z. Thanks all.

Take the Survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KGZNK5Z

--

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

Community Input Required: Annual LFN Operations Survey

Brandon Wick

LF Communities:

For the second year, LF Networking staff have pulled together an LFN Operations Survey, AKA "staff survey of the community." The goal is to solicit feedback from LFN community members to learn how you are engaging with projects, what you are experiencing, what the challenges are, and how the LFN staff can better support you. Your feedback is very important so please take a few minutes to share your thoughts with us. Responses are due by Friday, July 24th

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

FINAL REMINDER: Register for the Virtual LFN Developer & Testing Forum (June 22-25)

Brandon Wick

LFN Technical Community:

This is a reminder that the Virtual LFN Developer & Testing Forum will take place next week, June 22-25. View the event schedule and wiki planning page

As the principal technical event for the LF Networking projects, this bi-annual gathering provides the opportunity for each participating community to advance their project roadmaps and explore cross-community collaboration and integration points. The CNTT/OPNFV, ONAP, OpenDaylight, and Tungsten Fabric communities will be participating. Registration is required and we encourage you to register right away. Please email lfn-events@... if you have any questions. Thank you!

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

Register Now for the Virtual LFN Developer & Testing Forum (June 22-25)

Brandon Wick

LFN Technical Community,

This is a reminder that the Virtual LFN Developer & Testing Forum will take place June 22-25. View the event schedule and wiki planning page

As the principal technical event for the LF Networking projects, this bi-annual gathering provides the opportunity for each participating community to advance their project roadmaps and explore cross-community collaboration and integration points. The CNTT/OPNFV, ONAP, OpenDaylight, and Tungsten Fabric communities will be participating. Registration is required and we encourage you to register right away. Please let us know directly if you have any questions or feedback. Thank you!

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

ONES NA Moving to Virtual & ONES EU Canceled

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities:

Due to continuing COVID-19 safety concerns, the Linux Foundation is transitioning Open Networking & Edge Summit North America to a virtual experience September 28-29 on the US Pacific Standard Time Zone (originally planned to take place on the same dates in Los Angeles, California).

As our physical event shifts to a virtual one, know that we are taking thoughtful actions to create an immersive digital experience that provides attendees with interactive content and collaboration experiences. Attendees will have the ability to network with other attendees, attend presentations with live Q&A, interact with sponsors real time and much more -- all virtually, from anywhere.

We have now reached out to all event sponsors and regoistants, so if this applies to you, please look for this email. Thanks for your patience while we have continued to navigate through this fluid situation. While we are saddened to have to transition another face to face meeting, we do think we’ll be able to replicate a lot of the experience and we’re looking forward to giving the networking & edge communities a new forum in which to collaborate and grow.

After giving this some thought, we've decided to move forward with a cancellation of Open Networking & Edge Summit Europe this year entirely.

We'll have more information to share about the event format and structure down the road. In the meantime, if you have any ONES questions, please direct them to: events@....

Sincerely,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

CNTT Baldy Announcement & New Assets

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities,

CNTT's "Baldy" release was announced on yesterday's webinar: The Cloud iNfrastructure Telco Taskforce (CNTT): What’s New? What’s Coming Up? If you missed the live webinar, you can view the on-demand version here.

We also published the following new assets on LFN.org and encourage you to catch up on the latest developments, see where this initiative is headed, and help spread the word:
Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

LFN Webinar on CNTT, May 27th, 9:00 AM PT

Brandon Wick

LFN Community,

Thanks to those who have joined us for the past 3 LFN Webinars. If you've missed any of them, you can access the on-demand versions here (at the bottom of the page). Attendance and participation from the community and the ecosystem at large have been phenomenal.

We wanted to let you know that the next webinar will be on the CNTT initiative and cover the latest "Baldy" release: The Cloud iNfrastructure Telco Taskforce (CNTT): What's New? What's Coming Up? and will take place next Wednesday, May 27th, 9:00 AM PT. Speakers will be Rabi Abdel, Voadafone and Bob Monkman, Intel. Learn more and register.

You can see other upcoming and pending webinar topics here. Topics are added frequently so check back often. Have a webinar idea? Please review the guidelines document and submit your topic.