From: Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
Date: Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 1:29 PM
Subject: Community Input Required: Annual LFN Operations Survey

LF Communities:

For the second year, LF Networking staff have pulled together an LFN Operations Survey, AKA "staff survey of the community." The goal is to solicit feedback from LFN community members to learn how you are engaging with projects, what you are experiencing, what the challenges are, and how the LFN staff can better support you. Your feedback is very important so please take a few minutes to share your thoughts with us. Responses are due by Friday, July 24th

Take the Survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KGZNK5Z

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

--

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

Community Input Required: Annual LFN Operations Survey

Brandon Wick

LF Communities:

For the second year, LF Networking staff have pulled together an LFN Operations Survey, AKA "staff survey of the community." The goal is to solicit feedback from LFN community members to learn how you are engaging with projects, what you are experiencing, what the challenges are, and how the LFN staff can better support you. Your feedback is very important so please take a few minutes to share your thoughts with us. Responses are due by Friday, July 24th

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

FINAL REMINDER: Register for the Virtual LFN Developer & Testing Forum (June 22-25)

Brandon Wick

LFN Technical Community:

This is a reminder that the Virtual LFN Developer & Testing Forum will take place next week, June 22-25. View the event schedule and wiki planning page

As the principal technical event for the LF Networking projects, this bi-annual gathering provides the opportunity for each participating community to advance their project roadmaps and explore cross-community collaboration and integration points. The CNTT/OPNFV, ONAP, OpenDaylight, and Tungsten Fabric communities will be participating. Registration is required and we encourage you to register right away. Please email lfn-events@... if you have any questions. Thank you!

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

Register Now for the Virtual LFN Developer & Testing Forum (June 22-25)

Brandon Wick

LFN Technical Community,

This is a reminder that the Virtual LFN Developer & Testing Forum will take place June 22-25. View the event schedule and wiki planning page

As the principal technical event for the LF Networking projects, this bi-annual gathering provides the opportunity for each participating community to advance their project roadmaps and explore cross-community collaboration and integration points. The CNTT/OPNFV, ONAP, OpenDaylight, and Tungsten Fabric communities will be participating. Registration is required and we encourage you to register right away. Please let us know directly if you have any questions or feedback. Thank you!

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

ONES NA Moving to Virtual & ONES EU Canceled

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities:

Due to continuing COVID-19 safety concerns, the Linux Foundation is transitioning Open Networking & Edge Summit North America to a virtual experience September 28-29 on the US Pacific Standard Time Zone (originally planned to take place on the same dates in Los Angeles, California).

As our physical event shifts to a virtual one, know that we are taking thoughtful actions to create an immersive digital experience that provides attendees with interactive content and collaboration experiences. Attendees will have the ability to network with other attendees, attend presentations with live Q&A, interact with sponsors real time and much more -- all virtually, from anywhere.

We have now reached out to all event sponsors and regoistants, so if this applies to you, please look for this email. Thanks for your patience while we have continued to navigate through this fluid situation. While we are saddened to have to transition another face to face meeting, we do think we’ll be able to replicate a lot of the experience and we’re looking forward to giving the networking & edge communities a new forum in which to collaborate and grow.

After giving this some thought, we've decided to move forward with a cancellation of Open Networking & Edge Summit Europe this year entirely.

We'll have more information to share about the event format and structure down the road. In the meantime, if you have any ONES questions, please direct them to: events@....

Sincerely,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

CNTT Baldy Announcement & New Assets

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities,

CNTT's "Baldy" release was announced on yesterday's webinar: The Cloud iNfrastructure Telco Taskforce (CNTT): What’s New? What’s Coming Up? If you missed the live webinar, you can view the on-demand version here.

We also published the following new assets on LFN.org and encourage you to catch up on the latest developments, see where this initiative is headed, and help spread the word:
Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

LFN Webinar on CNTT, May 27th, 9:00 AM PT

Brandon Wick

LFN Community,

Thanks to those who have joined us for the past 3 LFN Webinars. If you've missed any of them, you can access the on-demand versions here (at the bottom of the page). Attendance and participation from the community and the ecosystem at large have been phenomenal.

We wanted to let you know that the next webinar will be on the CNTT initiative and cover the latest "Baldy" release: The Cloud iNfrastructure Telco Taskforce (CNTT): What's New? What's Coming Up? and will take place next Wednesday, May 27th, 9:00 AM PT. Speakers will be Rabi Abdel, Voadafone and Bob Monkman, Intel. Learn more and register.

You can see other upcoming and pending webinar topics here. Topics are added frequently so check back often. Have a webinar idea? Please review the guidelines document and submit your topic.

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

Virtual LFN Developer & Testing Forum (June 22 - 25)

Brandon Wick

Greetings LFN Technical Community,

We wanted to make sure that you had the new format and dates for the upcoming LFN Developer & Testing Forum on your radar. The event was originally planned for the first week of June but has now been scheduled for June 22 - 25. Like the LFN Technical Meetings in April, this will be a virtual event.

As the principal technical event for the LF Networking projects, this bi-annual gathering provides the opportunity for each participating community to advance their project roadmaps and explore cross-community collaboration and integration points. The CNTT/OPNFV, ONAP, OpenDaylight, and Tungsten Fabric communities have confirmed their participation. Registration is required and we encourage you to register early. Please learn more and register at the links below and let us know directly if you have any questions or feedback. Thank you!
Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

Re: [TF TSC] Community Release Manager

Sukhdev Kapur

I like the idea and am in full support of this.

-Sukhdev

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Prabhjot Singh Sethi <prabhjot.lists@...>
Date: Monday, May 11, 2020 at 11:33 AM
To: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Cc: TF Dev <dev@...>, TF Discuss <discuss@...>, "announce@..." <announce@...>
Subject: Re: [TF TSC] Community Release Manager

[External Email. Be cautious of content]

This is a great opportunity and way for community members to contribute and collaborate.
Release managers do play a very significant role with respect any open-source project, i would urge everyone to consider signing up for it.

Tungsten Fabric is also currently lagging with the release train, where we are looking forward to bridge the gap from last release r5.1

Subjected to TSC approvals we might have to add two more release builds.
Which opens up an opportunity for anyone in community to try out a "release manager lite" role.

Regards,

Prabhjot

On Fri, 8 May 2020 at 07:52, Casey Cain <ccain@...> wrote:

Hello, everyone.

The Tungsten Fabric Project is seeking a new Community Release Manager to aid the Project that will facilitate, monitor, and report on all aspects of project development, cross-project coordination, and the timely creation of release artifacts according to the Tungsten Fabric Release plan and schedule. This position may be held by anyone in the community regardless of membership status or prior history of contributions to the Project.

An initial draft for this position has been posted for Community Review and TSC approval.

Please feel free to provide your feedback on this role.  If you are interested in becoming the Community Release Manager, please let us know and share your thoughts.

Best,

Casey Cain

Technical Program Manager / Community Architect

Linux Foundation

_________________

IRC: CaseyLF

WeChat: okaru6

Voice: +1.408.641.0193

Juniper Business Use Only

Community Release Manager

Casey Cain

[...]

June Virtual Developer & Testing Form Topic Proposals

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone

There is an open call for topic proposals for the June Virtual Developer & Testing Form (Formally called the DDF).  Please submit your topic proposals here:

If you have any questions or need assistance please let me know.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC: CaseyLF
WeChat: okaru6
Voice: +1.408.641.0193

Register for the LFN TAC Webinar, May 12th, 10:00 AM PT

Brandon Wick

LFN Community,

Following last week's inaugural LFN Webinar, The State of Open Source Networking & the Edge, next week representatives from the LFN Technical Advisory Council (TAC) will be giving a presentation on the open source networking opportunity and the LFN projects. This will be based on the findings of the new LFN TAC Whitepaper published last week. We encourage you to join the webinar live and to ask questions. Registration is required!

May 12, 2020, 10:00 AM PT
Speakers: Ranny Haiby, Samsung; Abhijit Kumhare, Ericsson; Chaker Al Hakim, Futurewei; Davide Cherubini, Vodafone
Building the future open networks – How LF Networking provides the building blocks

The LFN Technical Advisory Council (TAC) is made up of technical experts from LF Networking (LFN) members who meet regularly to facilitate communication and collaboration among the 8 technical projects in LFN. The TAC recently completed a comprehensive whitepaper about the LFN available here: https://www.lfnetworking.org/resources/2020/04/28/lf-networking-whitepaper/. In this webinar, representatives from the TAC will review the major elements of the paper, including the role of open source in modern network design, how Linux Foundation projects may be used as building blocks for modern networks, project highlights, and an E2E use case. System architects, developers, product and project managers, network operators, system integrators, and more will learn how to approach and incorporate open source and LFN projects into their next-generation project designs and product roadmaps. Register Today!

Register Here.

See the full list of upcoming LFN Webinars here. Have a webinar idea? Please review the LFN Webinar Guidelines and fill in the LFN Webinar Submission Form.

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments. Thanks!

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

4/30 Webinar: State of Open Source Networking & the Edge

Brandon Wick

Dear LFN Communities,

Even though ONES North America has been rescheduled for the fall, we did not want to miss this opportunity to engage with our communities and the networking ecosystem at large. On April 30th at 9:00 AM PT, Arpit Joshipura, GM, Networking, Edge, and IoT will walk through the state of open source networking & the edge, and provide updates on critical industry initiatives such as CNTT, OVP, OPNFV 2.0, the ONAP Frankfurt release, Open Horizon, Google’s activities with Fledge, State of the Edge, EdgeX Foundry’s Geneva release and more. This is also your chance to be the first to hear the major LF Networking and LF Edge announcements for the spring. Attendees are encouraged to engage with us and we'll leave time at the end for Q&A.

Note: Registration is required in advance and you must be signed in to Zoom to attend the webinar. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments and we hope you can make it.

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

April Technical Meeting Registration

Casey Cain

Greetings LFN Technical Community,

As you all know, we will be doing our upcoming April Developer Meetings as a virtual event T-TH, April 21-23, 2020. The programming committee is close to finalizing the schedule, and we will be updating information as it's available on the event Wiki: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/LN/2020+April+Virtual+Technical+Event

This will obviously be uncharted territory for all of us in the community, and we're looking forward to learning with all of you how best to execute an event dedicated to collaboration in a virtual format.

One request we do have is that everyone who attends does register for the event. Being able to track metrics of our events is one of the KPIs we use to understand event success, community health, and how we're doing as an open source organization. It's also something our Board is eager to know after all of our technical events. Although we obviously can't enforce registration in the same way we do at physical events, we do please ask that you register at this link if you attend:   https://events.linuxfoundation.org/lfn-technical-meetings-spring/

It will also help us target any messages regarding logistics, updates, etc., directly to those who are participating.

Thanks for your understanding and help and I really can't wait to interact with all of you virtually in a couple weeks!

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC: CaseyLF
WeChat: okaru6
Voice: +1.408.641.0193

Changes to LFN Zoom Community Meetings

Casey Cain

Hello, LFN Community.

As large numbers of people turn to video-teleconferencing (VTC) platforms to stay connected in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, reports of VTC hijacking (also called “Zoom-bombing”) are emerging globally. This is when uninvited callers suddenly join and disrupt meetings. To help protect our community from abuse, LF Networking will be making some changes to all Zoom bridge conference meetings.

Please send any questions you may have to ccain@....

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC: CaseyLF
WeChat: okaru6
Voice: +1.408.641.0193

New ONES NA Dates Confirmed for the Fall

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities:

We are pleased to announce that the new dates for Open Networking & Edge Summit North America 2020 are September 28 & 29. The event will continue to be held at the JW Marriott LA Live in Los Angeles, CA.

We are hopeful that the measures being taken around the globe to slow the Coronavirus will allow us to continue with hosting this event in person in September as planned. If however, that is determined to not be a safe or viable option, we will host the event virtually on the same dates. This decision will be made by August 1, 2020. Until then, we are proceeding with plans for the face-to-face event, and will be announcing the schedule next week.

These dates were the only option we were able to find and unfortunately overlap the scheduled dates for Open Networking Summit Europe 2020. Due to this, we are postponing ONES Europe, and will determine new dates in Q4 shortly.

We thank you for your patience and understanding while we secured new dates for this conference. Our sincere sympathies are with all those being affected by the Covid-19 outbreak and we wish for good health and safety for all.

Thank you again for your support and we hope to see you in Los Angeles. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

2020 Tungsten Fabric TSC Election

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone!

Thank everyone that participated in the 2020 TSC Election!  Please join me in congratulating the newly elected members!
  • Technical Representatives
    • Prabhjot Singh Sethi
    • Sukhdev Kapur
    • Sanju Abraham
    • Herakliusz Lipiec
  • Community Representatives
    • Darien Hirotsu
    • Randy Bias
    • Edward Ting
The 2020 TSC Chair Election will begin immediately.  The self-nomination period will conclude on 25 March 2020 at 5 pm PT.   TSC members may self-nominate for Chairperson here: https://wiki.tungsten.io/x/NYBdAQ

The role of the TSC Chair is to lead the TSC through meetings and discussions on relevant topics as well as be the interface between the TAC and the Tungsten Fabric Community. To this end, the TSC chair needs to have the interest and bandwidth to engage with the TAC and Community along with LF staff to determine and prioritize TSC discussions and actions.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

LFN Developer & Testing Forum Report (January 2020) Now Available

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities:

The full event report from the LFN Developer & Testing Forum (January 2020) in Prague is now available on lfnetworking.org:

We encourage you to download the report and share it with your various project teams and channels. Please let me know directly if you have any questions or comments. Thanks!

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

NOTICE: ONES North America POSTPONED

Heather Kirksey

LFN Community Projects and Working Groups,

Each year, we look forward to gathering at Open Networking & Edge Summit to share information, collaborate, and learn together. Due to continual assessments and growing concerns around COVID-19, we have made the decision to postpone Open Networking & Edge Summit North America (originally planned to take place April 20 - 21, 2020) to this fall (August/September/October timeframe).  We expect that by mid-summer there will be more clarity on the effectiveness of control measures to enable safe travel to industry events like this one. We are finalizing the new dates and details, and will announce them as soon as possible.

We will notify attendees and sponsors later today.

We will also be sending out speaker notifications to all those that submitted through the CFP. Those talks that are to be accepted will be used for the event later in the year, and we will plan to announce the schedule in the coming months once event dates are finalized and we start to plan for the new event dates.

As you know several communities (CNTT, ODL, ONAP, OPNFV, TF)  had also planned two day technical meetings co-located with ONES. We would like to explore the possibility of doing a virtual technical meeting, if there is community interest in doing so. In order to facilitate this conversation, we would like to invite members from the affected projects to an open discussion at the TAC meeting on March 11, 2020.

We thank you for your patience and understanding while we work through this very fluid situation. A great deal of work and preparation has gone into the information and content planned to be delivered at ONES and we look forward to sharing it all with our community later this year.

Thank you again for your support. Our sincere sympathies are with all those being affected and we wish for good health and safety for all.

Best,

Heather

--
Heather Kirksey
VP, Ecosystem and Community

2020 TSC Election

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone.

This is a reminder that the TSC has voted to change the number of Community Representatives.  Due to this change, the self-nomination period was extended to 27 February 2020.

Current status of the self-nomination period:
  • Technical Representative Seats: 5
    • Self-Nominated Eligible Candidates: 5
    • Eligible Winners from Candidate pool: 4
      • Current Election Mechanics limits the number of each Represented Group to 1 per Organization.
  • Community Representative Seats: 3
    • Self-Nominated Eligible Candidates: 4
    • Eligible Winners from Candidate Pool 3
      • Maximum number of seats is 3
To self-nominate, please post your nomination before 5pm PT on 27 February 2020 at https://wiki.tungsten.io/x/zgELAQ

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

81 - 100 of 151