Date
NOTICE: ONES North America POSTPONED

Heather Kirksey

LFN Community Projects and Working Groups,

Each year, we look forward to gathering at Open Networking & Edge Summit to share information, collaborate, and learn together. Due to continual assessments and growing concerns around COVID-19, we have made the decision to postpone Open Networking & Edge Summit North America (originally planned to take place April 20 - 21, 2020) to this fall (August/September/October timeframe).  We expect that by mid-summer there will be more clarity on the effectiveness of control measures to enable safe travel to industry events like this one. We are finalizing the new dates and details, and will announce them as soon as possible.

We will notify attendees and sponsors later today.

We will also be sending out speaker notifications to all those that submitted through the CFP. Those talks that are to be accepted will be used for the event later in the year, and we will plan to announce the schedule in the coming months once event dates are finalized and we start to plan for the new event dates.

As you know several communities (CNTT, ODL, ONAP, OPNFV, TF)  had also planned two day technical meetings co-located with ONES. We would like to explore the possibility of doing a virtual technical meeting, if there is community interest in doing so. In order to facilitate this conversation, we would like to invite members from the affected projects to an open discussion at the TAC meeting on March 11, 2020.

We thank you for your patience and understanding while we work through this very fluid situation. A great deal of work and preparation has gone into the information and content planned to be delivered at ONES and we look forward to sharing it all with our community later this year.

Thank you again for your support. Our sincere sympathies are with all those being affected and we wish for good health and safety for all.

Best,

Heather

--
Heather Kirksey
VP, Ecosystem and Community

2020 TSC Election

Casey Cain

Hello, everyone.

This is a reminder that the TSC has voted to change the number of Community Representatives.  Due to this change, the self-nomination period was extended to 27 February 2020.

Current status of the self-nomination period:
  • Technical Representative Seats: 5
    • Self-Nominated Eligible Candidates: 5
    • Eligible Winners from Candidate pool: 4
      • Current Election Mechanics limits the number of each Represented Group to 1 per Organization.
  • Community Representative Seats: 3
    • Self-Nominated Eligible Candidates: 4
    • Eligible Winners from Candidate Pool 3
      • Maximum number of seats is 3
To self-nominate, please post your nomination before 5pm PT on 27 February 2020 at https://wiki.tungsten.io/x/zgELAQ

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

Call for Mentors and Projects for 2020 LF Networking Mentorship Program

Casey Cain

Today, we’re excited to open the call for mentors and project proposals for the 2020 LF Networking Mentorship Program. This is the first year we're bringing all community intern/mentor projects under the LF Networking umbrella to launch with an integrated program schedule and program operations/management. The Program is intended to provide a formal structure to connect mentors and student developers from around the globe to contribute their enthusiasm, time, and experience toward building sustainable LFN communities.

 Why should you consider mentoring for LF Networking Mentorship Program?
  • You believe in the value of mentorship in helping new developers to navigate open source development, the culture, the tooling and infrastructure to be a productive member of the community.
  • You are passionate about teaching and guiding student developers, many of whom may be first time open-source contributors,
  • You are eager to bring in new perspectives, new ideas, and new talent into your community and projects.
  • You have a narrowly scoped mentorship project with clear learning objectives/outcomes and a mentee's work and potential contributions could add value to the project or community of which you're an active developer or maintainer.
 I am interested in mentoring but how do I get started?
What are the elements the LFN Mentorship Program will implement to maximize mentor/mentee collaboration success?
  • Mentor and mentee onboarding will be conducted at the start of the Program
  • Mentor and mentee guide will be available as part of the Linux Foundation CommunityBridge Mentorship initiative
  • Project planning that includes deliverables, milestones, and tasks will be completed collaboratively between the mentors and mentees during the first two weeks of the program and posted on the wiki to increase transparency and accountability.
  • Mentee presentations will be required to sharpen both presentation skills and to cultivate the ability to provide constructive feedback and critique that’s the norm in the open source community for developing technologies collaboratively and openly.
  • Mentee evaluation will be conducted on a regular cadence tied to milestone deliverable schedules to help mentors and LFN staff formalize and respond to progress.
While mentors will be on a voluntary basis, the hired mentees will be eligible to receive a stipend. As an added bonus, each mentee who successfully completes the Program will be invited and financially sponsored by LF Networking to attend an event/conference and present their work to the broader community (specific event TBD but will be during Q3 or Q4 of this year or Q1 of the following year).

If you have any questions, please contact mentorship@...

We look forward to your submission of a mentorship project and thank you in advance for volunteering your time to contribute to the training of the new talent pool in the LF Networking communities.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

2020 TSC Election Self-Nominations Open

Casey Cain

Dear Tungsten Fabric Community,

Self-nominations for the 2020 Tungsten Fabric TSC seats are now open.  If you are interested in running for a seat on the TSC, please read this email carefully.

Who is eligible to run?
All eligible candidates have been listed in one or both of the above lists by either their name or, in some cases, the username that was used to commit code/patches.  If you would like more information on how these lists were generated, please review the current TSC approved Election Mechanics.

How many people will be elected?
Five people will be selected from each representative group for a total of ten available seats.

Self-Nomination Phase

The self-nomination phase begins today, 30 Jan 2020, and will end 13 Feb 2020 at 5 pm PT.

If you are interested in self-nominating and you are listed as an eligible candidate, please fill out the requested information on https://wiki.tungsten.io/x/zgELAQ which includes the following:
  • Name
  • Photo
  • Representative Group (Community or Technical)
  • Short Biography
  • Statement of Intent - Why you should be selected and your vision for improving the Tungsten Fabric Community.
Election Phase

The Election Phase will begin immediately after at least five candidates from each representative groups have been identified and the Self-nomination period has concluded it's two week self-nomination period.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6

Jira Maintenance 23:00 Nov. 5

Daniel Pono Takamori

We need to reboot Jira tomorrow night, it should be a quick 10 minute downtime.

Thanks for your understanding,
-Pono on behalf of LF Infra

Re: [TF TSC] [TF Dev] CERN Keynote address at OpenInfra Summit

Sukhdev Kapur

Yes, I am here. Listening to the Keynote addresses in the main hall.

I will be presenting TF integration with ML2 tomorrow.

Sukhdev

From: <announce@...> on behalf of "VM (Vicky) Brasseur via Lists.Tungsten.Io" <vmb=juniper.net@...>
Date: Monday, June 17, 2019 at 5:29 PM
To: "announce@..." <announce@...>

Hello, all!

Don't forget that the KubeCon NA CFP closes on July 12th.

We would love to see a lot of TF-related content proposed to the conference this year. If you're on the fence about whether to propose, either email the Marketing team or drop by the #events channel on Slack and folks will be happy to lend a hand.

Here's that CFP link again:

From: <announce@...> on behalf of "VM (Vicky) Brasseur via Lists.Tungsten.Io" <vmb=juniper.net@...>
Date: Monday, June 17, 2019 at 5:29 PM
To: "announce@..." <announce@...>

Hello, all!

Don't forget that the KubeCon NA CFP closes on July 12th.

We would love to see a lot of TF-related content proposed to the conference this year. If you're on the fence about whether to propose, either email the Marketing team or drop by the #events channel on Slack and folks will be happy to lend a hand.

Here's that CFP link again:

https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kubecon-cloudnativecon-north-america-2019/cfp/

--V

Re: Submit your TF talk proposals to KubeCon North America!

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

This CFP closes THIS FRIDAY.

If you're going to submit TF-related talks into the conference (and we hope that you do), you're running out of time to do it.

Act now before the last minute!

Also, if you'd like another set of eyes on your proposal before you submit it, drop by #events on Slack or email marketing@... and the community's resident wordsmiths will lend a hand.

That link again: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kubecon-cloudnativecon-north-america-2019/cfp/

--V

From: <announce@...> on behalf of "VM (Vicky) Brasseur via Lists.Tungsten.Io" <vmb=juniper.net@...>
Date: Monday, June 17, 2019 at 5:29 PM
To: "announce@..." <announce@...>

[...]

Changes to Linux Foundation Helpdesk

Daniel Pono Takamori

Hey all!
The Linux Foundation is moving away from RT [0] and moving to Jira Service Desk [1]!  To file tickets related to LF infrastructure/ services: Jira, Confluence, Slack, gerrit.tungsten.io eventually :), please go to the link below and use our service desk features that provide some self service, documentation and more direct ways to file tickets.
We hope this will provide faster response and closure times for tickets since our teams will be sharing duties seeing all incoming tickets. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

Cheers,
-Pono, Release Engineer @ Linux Foundation

[0] - Existing tickets in RT will be closed out there and communication will continue as it had.

The 5.1 Release Announcement

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

People who subscribe to this list already know that 5.1 is available, but now the entire world does as well:

https://tungsten.io/introducing-tungsten-fabric-5-1/

We encourage you to share that announcement far and wide. If you're on Twitter, you can also RT the project twitter account (and follow the account while you're there):

https://twitter.com/TungstenFabric/status/1138932094111850496

Thank you, everyone, for all of the work that went into this release!

--V

Re: Tungsten fabric Release r5.1

datle.it@...

Hi,
Thanks @Paul Carver. I also hope docs about release changes will be public early.

Best regards,

Re: Tungsten fabric Release r5.1

Mark Gregory

Hi Prabhjot,

Thank you for the link to https://wiki.tungsten.io/display/TUN/Building+a+Release

May I ask the same question that Randy has asked on the page. Please add to the top of the install guide, information about the resources we should allocate for the CENTOS VM. What are the CPU / CORE, RAM, disk space requirements?

Are there any dependencies we need to install before following this guide?

Regards,
Mark A Gregory

BEng(Elec)(Hons), MEng, PhD, FIEAust, SMIEEE

Associate Professor in Network Engineering

Leader, Network Engineering Research Group | Follow us on Facebook!

Managing Editor Australian Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy

Managing Editor International Journal of Information, Communication Technology and Applications

General Chair 27th International Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference

W: RMIT University Staff Profile

E: mark.gregory@... | O:  +61-(0)3-99253243 | M:   +61-(0)4-18999089

School of Engineering, RMIT University
GPO Box 2476, Melbourne, Victoria, 3001, AUSTRALIA.

CRICOS Provider No. 00122A

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

From: <announce@...> on behalf of Prabhjot Singh Sethi <prabhjot.lists@...>
Date: Friday, June 7, 2019 at 1:33 PM
To: "announce@..." <announce@...>

Hi everyone,
    we have tungsten fabric community release r5.1 ready and published the corresponding docker images at docker.io/tungstenfabric namespace with tag r5.1. Please feel free to try it out.
There are few updates regarding documentation that we been still worked out and will be available shortly.

For developers/enthusiasts  who wish to try building there own artifacts from source can refer to https://wiki.tungsten.io/display/TUN/Building+a+Release

Regards,

Prabhjot

--

Best Regards,

Edward Ting

** Proficiency, Execution, Quality, and Perfection **