Date

ONE Summit Starts Monday -- Register Now!

Brandon Wick

LF Networking Community:

If you haven't already, register today for ONE Summit + Kubernetes on EDGE Day!

Open Networking & Edge Summit + Kubernetes on EDGE Day is the only event for end-to-end networking and edge powered by open source. As the flagship event for LF Networking and LF Edge, members and project participants are strongly encouraged to attend.

Hear from industry leaders from AT&T, China Mobile, Facebook, IBM, Intel, Interdynamix Systems, MATRIXX Software, Orange, Verizon, Walmart and more sharing their thought leadership on the keynote stage. Five conference tracks will cover a range of critical topics in the networking and edge ecosystems.

Read the press release
View the keynote speakers
See the full schedule

LFN Members are eligible for a 20% discount. Please send an email to the address below to get your code.

Please send any questions you may have to events@....

We hope to see you there!

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

Reminder to Register: ONE Summit, Oct 11-12 (Virtual)

Brandon Wick

LF Networking Community:

Open Networking & Edge Summit + Kubernetes on EDGE Day is the only event for end-to-end networking and edge powered by open source. As the flagship event for LF Networking and LF Edge, members and project participants are strongly encouraged to attend.

Hear from industry leaders from AT&T, China Mobile, Facebook, IBM, Intel, Interdynamix Systems, MATRIXX Software, Orange, Verizon, Walmart and more sharing their thought leadership on the keynote stage. Five conference tracks will cover a range of critical topics in the networking and edge ecosystems.

View the keynote speakers
See the full schedule

We have shifted to an all virtual format. Registration through October 5th is only $50. LFN Members are eligible for a 20% discount. Please send an email to the address below to get your code.

Please send any questions you may have to events@...

We hope to see you there!

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

US Gov Ops Mini-Summit Added to ONE Summit. Register Today.

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities,

We are pleased to announce the new US Gov Ops Mini-Summit joining the ONE Summit 2021 programming, where you can:
  • Find out about the US Government’s Open Programmable Secure initiative within The Linux Foundation
  • Get an overview of DARPA’s Open, Programmable, Secure 5G (OPS-5G) project that is developing a portable standards-compliant network stack for 5G mobile that is open source and secure by design
  • Hear about the Linux Foundation 5G Super Blueprint and its applicability to the OPS-5G and DoD 5G initiatives
  • Learn about the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research & Engineering’s 5G initiative and the Multi-site OPS-5G Joint Independent Test Option (MOJITO), a nationwide testbed being deployed to enhance the DoD’s ability to test the security attributes of 5G networks
Doug Evans, Neil Hoff and Andrew Leidy join us from the Department of the Navy to lead this mini-summit. They are joined by our newest keynote speaker, Dr. Dan Massey who leads the Operate Through portion of the DoD 5G to NextG Initiative. Operate Through aims to ensure the DoD can securely operate through commercial 5G networks across the globe.

The US Gov Ops Mini-Summit will be held, Monday, October 11, 2:00 - 4:50 PM PT. Registration to this mini-summit is included in the overall conference registration (only $50 though October 5th) and we encourage you to register today. LFN Members are entitled to an additional discount. Please email events@... for the member registration code.

Best Regards,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

TF - Gerrit and Easy CLA

Vanessa Valderrama

We've had a lot of requests and questions regarding Gerrit account issues, Contributor Agreements and creating branches. Hopefully this information will help everyone to resolve their issues quickly.

Gerrit login issues

  • If you are unable to log into Gerrit, please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org
    • To resolve your issue quickly, please provide your LFID username and email address

Contributor Agreements

  • If you are trying to push a patch and get an error "No Contributor Agreement on file for user..."
    • Log into Gerrit, click Settings
    • Click Agreements
    • Click New Contributor Agreement
    • If you work for an Organization select CCLA and sign the agreement for your organization. If not select ICLA and sign the Individual Contributor Agreement

Branches

  • Only repository committers can create branches
    • If you aren't a committer, please reach out to an existing committer. The committers can be found in the INFO.yaml file of each repository.

Committer Promotion

  • The committer promotion process can be found in the Project Governance: https://wiki.tungsten.io/x/xYVdAQ
    • Please see section 3.2.2.1 Adding Committers
      • 3.2.2.1     Adding Committers
        Initial Committers for a project will be specified at project creation
        Committer rights for a project are earned via contribution and community trust. Committers for a project select and vote for new Committers for that project, subject to TSC approval.
        New Committers for a project should have a demonstrable established history of meritocratic contributions.

Hopefully this helps clear up confusion and helps the community issues resolved quickly.

Thank you,

Vanessa

Tungsten Fabric Easy CLA

Vanessa Valderrama

Easy CLA has been turned on for Tungsten Fabric repositories

Impact:

If your Gerrit change is rejected with a message that you need to sign a CLA you will have to go through the CLA process.

Documentation:

EasyCLA

If you have any issues signing a CLA please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org

Thank you,
Vanessa

LFN Communities: ONE Summit + K8s on Edge Day is Going All-Virtual

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities,

We wanted to let you know that Open Networking & Edge Summit + K8s on Edge Day is going fully virtual after feedback from our community and global travel policy restrictions. Dates remain the same - October 11-12 with the event continuing to be held on Pacific Daylight Time.

While all open source communities are global as we know, this event, and our own community is being disproportionately affected by prolonged border closures, and we simply don’t think it makes sense to continue with the in-person portion this year with so many in our community unable to join in person.

Registration for the virtual event is only $50 (though October 5th) and we encourage you to register today. LFN Members are entitled to an additional discount. Please email events@... for the member registration code.

Please keep an eye out for some exciting new content updates for the event which we will be announcing shortly.

Thanks for your patience while we continue to navigate through this fluid situation. We’re looking forward to giving our community another virtual forum in which to collaborate and grow.

Best Regards,

LF Networking Team

Re: TF Wiki Maintenance

Vanessa Valderrama

Maintenance is complete. If you experience any problems please open a
ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org

Thank you,

Vanessa

The Linux Foundation is performing emergency maintenance to upgrade
wiki.tungsten.io due to a security vulnerability.

For status updates, please see
https://status.linuxfoundation.org/incidents/7q8mwpsrq0dm

Thank you,

Vanessa

TF Wiki Maintenance

Vanessa Valderrama

The Linux Foundation is performing emergency maintenance to upgrade
wiki.tungsten.io due to a security vulnerability.

For status updates, please see
https://status.linuxfoundation.org/incidents/7q8mwpsrq0dm

Thank you,

Vanessa

FINAL REMINDER: Please Take the General PaaS Survey

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities,

The Anuket and XGVela communities have developed a survey and ask your help in defining parameters for a General Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Community feedback is extremely important. Please take the survey here by EOD Friday, August 20th(~15 minutes to complete).

The Anuket and XGVela communities have developed a survey and ask your help in defining parameters for a General Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). The objective of this Survey is to understand the state of the industry and trends. You and your organization’s input to identify and prioritize the Categories and the set of Platform Services that should be provided by the General PaaS is critical to achieve the objective. In addition, so as to understand the integration challenges, your inputs on the software tools, products and services that you use or intend to use for each of the Platform Services is of utmost importance.

Problem
As telco operators gain experience with managing workloads on cloud infrastructures, they have come to realize that their business agility is hampered by the lack of a “platform” services required  by Telco services for simplified and agile applications development and enable smooth delivery to production.  The services platform, offered as a General Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) on the cloud, should consist of a pre-defined comprehensive set of capabilities that enable faster development using an integrated set of software tools, products and services, with built-in automated life-cycle management, or simply the necessary platform services for Day 0, Day 1 and Day 2 applications development, delivery, deployment and production.

Value
With the current trend towards utilizing hybrid and multi clouds, it’s getting increasingly harder to integrate and test the various combinations of services/software/tools for the specific needs of the business cases and the underlying clouds. Here we are trying to collate the most popular and widely accepted of the combinations that are being looked upon to have a reference architecture along with the specific services/software/tools. The current activity is being articulated with the help of Anuket and XGVela groups, both of which are looking at current constituents, the specific needs of the PaaS and its extensions.

The diagram below puts the context of General PaaS and the Platform Service Categories in the context of the physical infrastructure, IaaS, CaaS and Telco PaaS. It can be used as reference as you complete the survey. A link to the survey is below the diagram.

PaaS Survey Diagram.jpg

We hope you decide to take the survey and help us define this exciting new platform.

Please direct any questions to Louis Illuzzi (lilluzzi@...)

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

Register for ONE Summit (Oct 11-12): Virtual and In-person Options

Brandon Wick

LF Networking Community:

Open Networking & Edge Summit is the only event for end-to-end networking and edge powered by open source. As the flagship event for LF Networking and LF Edge, members and project participants are strongly encouraged to attend. This year, we are offering two ways to attend: in-person and virtual.

Hear from industry leaders from AT&T, China Mobile, Facebook, IBM, Intel, Interdynamix Systems, MATRIXX Software, Orange, Verizon, Walmart and more sharing their thought leadership on the keynote stage. Five conference tracks will cover a range of critical topics in the networking and edge ecosystems. In-person attendees can also participate in onsite activities and evening events.

View the keynote speakers
See the full schedule
Register Here

Note: Our attendees’ health and safety remain our top priority as we continue to monitor COVID-19 and look to venue, local, state, CDC, and WHO guidelines to make the best and most informed decisions around onsite safety and requirements. View this regularly updated page and FAQ with the latest information for onsite health and safety protocols for this event. Note: If you need to cancel a registration due to COVID-19, refunds will be issued up until the start date. It's also possible to switch from in-person attendance to virtual if needed.

Please send any questions you may have to events@....

We hope to see you there, either in-person or online!

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
bwick@...
+1.917.282.0960

REMINDER: Please Take the General PaaS Survey

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities,

The Anuket and XGVela communities have developed a survey and ask your help in defining parameters for a General Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Community feedback is extremely important. Take the survey here (~15 minutes to compete).

[...]

Re: TF Gerrit Maintenance - 2021-07-13 14:00 UTC to 2200 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama

Now that the migration is complete we need to make sure the INFO files are updated with the LFID of the PTLs and committers. If you are a PTL or comitter please update the INFO file for your repos with your LFID and the email address associated with your LFID.

Thank you,
Vanessa

The Gerrit Auth0 migration is complete.

Thank you,
Andy, Chandra, and Vanessa

On 7/13/21 9:04 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Starting maintenance. Gerrit will be unavailable during the maintenance window. Feel free to check for status updates at https://status.linuxfoundation.org/incidents/6wtdqw9wwgsg

Thank you,

Vanessa

This is a reminder that The Linux Foundation will be performing maintenance on July 13th.

Status updates will be available at https://status.linuxfoundation.org/incidents/6wtdqw9wwgsg.

Thank you,

Vanessa

What:

The Linux Foundation is migrating gerrit.tungsten.io to our new SSO service in an effort to roll out a more consistent login experience across all Linux Foundation Projects Services.

There is an overall FAQ on the transition available here https://identity.linuxfoundation.org/migration-faq If you have any problems with the new login experience, please let our support team know at https://support.linuxfoundation.org.

When:

Impact:

The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Gerrit
  •     Jenkins

[...]

REMINDER: Please Take the General PaaS Partner Survey

Brandon Wick

The Anuket and XGVela communities have developed a survey and ask your help in defining parameters for a General Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Community feedback is extremely important. Take the survey here (~15 minutes to compete). Please take the survey before July 15, 2021.

[...]

We hope you decide to take the survey and help us define this exciting new platform. Please take the survey before July 15, 2021.

Please direct any questions to Louis Illuzzi (lilluzzi@contractor.linuxfoundation.org).

[...]

Please Take the 2021 LFN Ops Survey by Friday

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities:

If you haven't already, please take the LFN Ops Survey before the end of the week. The goal is to solicit feedback from LFN community members to learn how you are engaging with the LFN projects and programs. We'd like to know what you are experiencing, what your challenges are, and how LFN staff can better support you. Your feedback is very important so please take a few minutes to share your thoughts.

[...]

2 Upcoming FD.io Webinars

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities:

We are pleased to announce 2 webinars for the FD.io Project. We encourage you to learn more and register today. See the LFN Webinars Calendar here and let us know if you have an idea for an LFN Webinar.

July 1, 2021: How to build secure Terabit Network Services with FD.io technologies: Maciek Konstantynowicz, Cisco; Ray Kinsella, Intel

Learn how FD.io is used to build secure Terabit NaaS cloud networking, a.k.a. SASE, and FD.io VPP and CSIT projects’ critical roles in this. FD.io project is industry leading in providing production-ready open-source technologies and tooling to build secure and fast modern cloud VPNs, including support of encrypted overlays such as IPsec, TLS, QUIC, WireGuard and more.
In this talk, you will learn: i) How FD.io VPP achieves near-linear multi-core horizontal scaling and leverages platform optimizations to achieve Terabit speeds; ii) How FD.io CSIT benchmarking methodologies and tooling ensure the consistency of performance and robustness of Terabit-ready product built with FD.io VPP technologies and iii) How these came together recently on an Intel Xeon Icelake scalable processor family to break the barrier of Terabit rate IPsec on a single dual-socketed Intel Platform (with zero frame loss).

Register Here

July 22, 2021: Calico/VPP : Kubernetes networking with boosters : Chris Tomkins, Developer Advocate, Project Calico/Tigera; Nathan Skrzypczak, Software Engineer, Cisco

Kubernetes has become the de facto solution when it comes to container networking, providing rich functionalities and abstractions. But some class of workloads put a huge performance burden on these implementations. Think big data, storage, analytics, 5G, virtual network functions, requiring encryption at a 40Gbps line rate, or multiple million of packets per second. Typically applications that are used to have dedicated NICs and physical hardware. In order to address this, we took the best of both worlds, combining Calico, the popular cloud native Kubernetes network plugin, with VPP, a very fast and scalable userspace packet processing software. In this talk we will cover how we provide line rate networking for those applications while keeping Kubernetes benefits, and what super powers this enables us to bring to the pods.

Register Here

[...]

1 - 20 of 140